|MARCH 2020 || End to all Patrols Announcement- SHSLSC|
Greetings all Shellharbour Patrolling Members,
I hope you and your families are well! As of this weekend Statewide there will be NO further patrols for the 2019-2020 Season!
Clubs are to ensure they provide Support Services Callout Teams and South Coast Branch Support Services RWC's are to provide water based patrols only... other than callouts.
I have been working in close consultation with SCC who will at this stage have 2 lifeguards working from our club surveillance / radio area.
Stay tuned for more information as it arises. Thank you all for the great efforts you have made keeping our beach safe this season! Stay safe! Cavo
| || |
|MARCH 2020 || Novel Coronavirus impact of Shellharbour SLSC activities|
By now you would have seen the large number of postponements and cancellations that have been announced today in response to the global pandemic of Covid-19. In order to ensure the safety of members and the general community during these challenging times, and being guided by our governing bodies, Shellharbour SLSC has unfortunately had to enact the following:
1. Our Junior Activities (Nippers) season ceases today.
2. Our Nippers Presentation has been cancelled. The trophies have been ordered and awards gathered. Our ever-creative Junior Activities Committee will find alternate appropriate ways to acknowledge our nippers and distribute awards. Watch our social media for any updates.
3. Our Boat Carnival, due to proceed this weekend has also been cancelled.
4. The annual Bluescope-WIN Community Partners Shellharbour Ocean Swim has been cancelled for 2020.
5. No Sippers activities will take place at the present time.
6. The Club Senior Presentation has been postponed and may become a pre-season event should the situation improve. Once again, keep an eye on social media and club emails for further information.
7. Winter training is suspended at the present time.
8. Branch and other committee meetings will be conducted via online meeting platforms.
9. Acknowledgement dinners for committees are also not to be conducted by the club at this time.
10. Our lifesaving patrols will continue for the present time, however patrols are advised to enact social distancing measures to reduce the likelihood of viral transmission. Patrols may choose to scale down the number of patrolling members to reduce the risk of exposure to members, so long as we can meet the minimum patrol numbers as per our Lifesaving Service Agreement and SOP LS3.2 Lifesaving Service Requirements. Patrolling members should liaise with their Patrol Captains if they are unable to attend their patrols.
11. Patrol Captains have been advised of the SLS operational procedures for dealing with suspected cases of coronavirus in a separate email from SLSNSW.
12. All members are reminded to practice regular handwashing with soap and water.
We thank you for your understanding during this difficult time and encourage you to remain connected to the club via our online channels (Facebook, email, our webpage and Instagram).
We look forward to getting everyone back on the beach as soon as we are able.
In the meantime, stay safe.
| || |
|FEBRUARY 2020 || SSLSC Nippers Age Group Photos are now on sale|
SSLSC Nippers Age Group Photos are now on sale via the Club Store. You can access the Club Store From the above Members Menu.
Please note Orders can take upto 2 days to process.
Once payment is manually matched you will be emailed the download link.
The Store recommends you register an account to allow you to track your orders and access downloads you have purchased.
Thank you for your support. SSLSC Store.
| || |